To be eligible to receive an award, you must:
- Be a degree-seeking graduate student.
- Have a competitive GPA and GRE scores.
- Research assistants: you will work directly with a professor on research.
- Teaching assistants: you will either assist a professor in his/her class, or teach a lower-level course.
- Assistantships are on a contract basis for 10, 15, or 20 hours and span the 10 month academic year.
- Click here to download the assistantship application.
- The majority of assistantships are renewed on a year-to-year basis predicated on adequate performance of duties and progress toward degree.
1st Year Graduate Students:
- Do not need to fill out a financial aid application. They will be considered according to their admittance application.
2nd Year Graduate Students:
- Must turn in a financial aid application in January for the following year. You may get an application from the department graduate secretary.